The new Catholic church was completed in 8 year's time on Poorhouse Square according to the plans of Imre Steindl, the chief architect of the Parliament. The church was dedicated to Saint Elizabeth (1207-1231), daughter of the Hungarian king Endre II. The princess was still a child when she came to the castle of Wartburg, to the court of her future husband. Already in her lifetime she excelled by her benevolent activities and she was revered as a holy person. It is she who is represented by the statue erected on the square in front of the church.
Open from: January 01
Open till: December 31
Denomination: roman catholic
Type: parish church
Address: 1074 Budapest, Rózsák tere 8. View on map
Latitude and longitude: N 47° 30' 6", E 19° 4' 35"
Phone number: +3613224117