Danube-Dráva National Park – Adventures by majestic rivers
Did you know...
- Hungary's largest wooded floodplain is at Gemenc and Béda–Karapancsa?
- Hungary's largest populations of white-tailed eagle and black stork are found here?
Visitor and education centres:
Dráva Gate Visitor Centre
(Barcs-Drávaszentes, Fő u. 1; Tel.: +36/82/461-285) – interactive exhibition about nature, home to indigenous Hungarian farm animals, Üde Rétek Natural Trail, activities for children, summer camps. Open: education centre: Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Friday: 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.; exhibition about nature: 15th March to 31st October Tuesday-Sunday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; 1st November to 14th March by appointment only.
Tettye Education Centre
(Pécs, Tettye tér 8, Tel.: +36/72/517-222) – interactivelessons and study tours aboutnature, handicraft programmes,summer camps, all year.
Open:Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Friday: 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Other demonstration sites:
Kölked White Stork Museum and Nagypartos Nature Trail
(2.5 km) (Kölked, Széchenyi u. 1., Tel.: +36/30/846-6020) – exhibition, interactive pro-grams about nature, handicraft programs, walking tours and tours by canoe. Open: all year
Other demonstration sites within the operational area of the Directorate:
Abaliget Cave and Bat Museum (Abaliget, Tel.: +36/72/498-766, +36/72/498-684) – excellent cli-mate, study programs and other programs for children. Open: all year
Cave of Mészégető Springs
(Orfű, Tel.: +36/72/518-221, +36/72/518-222)
– underground cave adventures in overalls with tour guides. Open: all year, by appointment only.
Mohács Historical Memorial Site
(Sátorhely; Tel.: +36/69/382-130)
– guided tours available, archery activities. Open: 12th March-15th March: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.; 1st April to 24th October: daily 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.; 25th October to 7th November: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., other times by appointment.
(Pécs, Tettye tér 9, Tel.: +36/72/517-200)
– guided tours available, ideal venue for wedding photography. Open: all year
(Nagyharsány, Szoborpark, Tel.: +36/20/913-7534)
– guided tours only.Open: all year, by appointment only; guided tours leave on Wednesday-Sunday at 10. a.m.
Tuffaceous limestone cave at Tettye
(Pécs, Tettye u.Tel.: +36/30/580-3424, +36/72/211-830) – interactive exhibition inside, cultural programs, temporary exhibitions and ideal venue for weddings and various events.Open: all year, by appointment only.