Schengen visa applications have to be submitted at the representation of the country which is the main destination of the visit. (In case of visiting several states with stays of approximately the same duration, it is the country of first entry into the Schengen area.) Visa applications are to be submitted in person! The application and supporting documents will be checked carefully at the consulate.
Hungary tourist visa is not required for citizens of Singapore and Malaysia for a stay up to 90 days.
When submitting the application, please carry the originals of all these documents:
- Valid passport + COPY (the validity has to exceed the duration of the requested visa by at least 3 months; there must be at least 2 empty pages for visas and entry stamps; the passport must have been issued within the past 10 years.)
- Certification of legal residing if the applicants are not nationals of the country where they hands in their application + COPY
- 1 passport-size colour photo (not older than 6 months).
- A fully and legibly completed Schengen visa application form (form in English)
- Proof of travel medical insurance providing cover for financing urgent health services and homeward transportation due to medical reasons valid for the whole period of stay and for the territory of every Schengen State. The minimum coverage must be €30,000.
- The purpose of the stay in the Schengen area must be documented (e.g. trip itinerary with prepaid bookings, invitation letter etc.)
- Evidence of financial means for duration of stay (e.g. a bank account statement showing turnover during the last three months).
- Evidence of accommodation (e.g. prepaid reservation of accommodation).
- Proof of a reservation of a return ticket
The visa fees are 60 euro, to be paid in cash. You will be issued a receipt for the fees and service charge paid as an acknowledgement.
· Additional documentation may be requested for any visa application at any time during processing as each visa application is reviewed individually and requested documentation might vary.
· A Schengen visa does not automatically guarantee entry into the Schengen area. The border authorities check whether all entry requirements (possession of the necessary visa, proof of sufficient funds, valid travel medical insurance, proof of purpose, etc.) are met with upon entry into the Schengen area. Please make sure that you have all the necessary documentation available at the border control.
· Please check whether all data on your visa sticker is correct immediately upon receipt and advise any discrepancies. The Embassy will not be held liable for mistakes it was not notified of immediately.
You can learn more details by visiting the homepage of the Hungarian consular service at http://konzuliszolgalat.kormany.hu/en.